Candle Etiquette & Burning Tips
Believe it or not, there is a PROPER way to burn your candle. In order to get the maximum usage, make sure you follow these "etiquette" tips:
- Always remember to keep the wick trimmed to about 1/4". A properly trimmed wick reduces smoke and soot, and makes for a more even burn.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- The first burn is the most important burn. Try to burn your candles until the wax melts all the way to the sides of the jar. This will prevent any tunneling.
- To extinguish a candle, dip the wick back into the liquid wax, eliminating smoking of an extinguished wick and primes the wick with wax, making re-lighting easier.
- NEVER leave a candle unattended and keep them out of the reach of children and pets.
Our Signature Milkbottle Candle is a blast from the past. It's a great candle to burn in small rooms and the nostalgia of it makes a wonderful gift.
To light the Milkbottle we suggest this tip: Use a dried spaghetti noodle! Light the end of the noodle and then light your Milkbottle's wick. This flame is much smaller then the traditional lighters that tend to use up too much oxygen and blacken your bottle.
Cleaning Your Containers
We really want you to reuse your containers, to serve with, bake in, drink out of or simply use for storage! In order to reuse them first you've got to get them clean! Try one of these methods to remove any left over wax:
- Turn them upside down on foil or parchment paper lined pan and put in oven on about 180-200 degrees. It only takes a few minutes.
- Put the candle in the freezer, after a while the wax pops right out.
- Soak in hot soapy water and wash clean.